I have tons and tons to write about and I have stories galore just waiting to burst forth from my virtual quill, but I haven't written all summer.
Mostly because of work and family/chosen family obligations, but also because I am just having too much fun and I fear that if I stop to catch my breath, then the merriment will cease or I will miss something exciting.
I have all winter to peruse my summer memories and sort them out into fantastical tales to share with my readers. So, until we are firmly ensconced in our seaside winter hideaway, I will share with you some dates and numbers from my summer adventures. You can tell that summer is really at an end when Math again enters your day-to-day life...
Days since official departure: 103Miles since official departure: 5,513Average miles per day of trip: 53.52 Total cost of fuel to date: $1324 + $129 in fuel treatments (Keeps Vinnie in tip-top shape)Total Repairs to Date (3/1/15-Present): $2600Campground Costs: $659 (including $120 rip-off for crappy hotel in Fort Walton Beach)
Free Camping (The best kind with family and chosen family:
- 14 nights with Jenn's Dad (at the free camping pool & spa resort)
- 2 nights with Amy & Deo
- 5 Nights with Tasha, Aiden & Dillon
- 1 night at Tony & Sheila's (traded babysitting for a tasty meal, favorite dessert and driveway surfing
- 4 nights at Office (Shower, kitchen, shady willow tree and nosey-good-for-nothing-neighbors)
- 4 nights at Katrina's parents' (5:30 am water aerobics every day- jury is still out on this one :-))
- 3 nights at Echo Island Campground (Labor Day mini-cation courtesy of above in-laws)
- 32 nights at Chad & Robyn's
|Parked in front of the In-Law's|